Financial Assessment (Batch)
Discern true charity care from bad debt and more easily comply with IRS 990
TransUnion Healthcare Financial Assessment reviews aged self-pay accounts for eligibility in financial assistance or charity care programs based on the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) percentage.
Benefits of Financial Assistance (Batch):
Data elements delivered
- Indicative information:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- FPL percentage
- Available credit
Improve your financial assessment processes with minimal changes to your existing systems.
- Step 1
- A batch extract report of all open self-pay accounts is created in your patient accounting system.
- Step 2:
- File is sent through secure FTP to TransUnion Healthcare for analysis.
- Step 3:
- The patient’s likelihood to qualify for entitlement or charity care programs is calculated using their credit report and our patented data analysis.
- Step 4:
- Return file is sent back through secure FTP with account-level information.
- Step 5:
- The FPL percentage and other decision indicators allow you to re-assign the account to the appropriate designation, such as charity care.
Easily integrate TransUnion Healthcare Financial Asssessment (batch) into your existing processes.