Insurance Eligibility (batch)
Re-check self-pay accounts for Medicaid coverage
TransUnion Healthcare Insurance Eligibility reviews aged self-pay accounts to determine if Medicaid coverage was available at the time of service.
Benefits of Insurance Eligibility (batch):
Improve your Medicaid eligibility verification processes with minimal changes to your existing systems.
- Step 1:
- A batch extract report of all open self-pay accounts is created in your patient accounting system.
- Step 2:
- File is sent through secure FTP to TransUnion Healthcare.
- Step 3:
- Accounts are transformed into a benefit eligibility (HIPAA ANSI X12 270) message and transmitted to the insurance company.
- Step 4:
- Benefit eligibility response (HIPAA ANSI X12 271) message is returned by insurance company.
- Step 5:
- Coverage and benefit information is displayed.
Easily integrate TransUnion Healthcare Insurance Eligibility (batch) into your existing back-end processes.