Insurance Eligibility (batch)
Re-check self-pay accounts for Medicaid Coverage
TransUnion Healthcare Insurance Eligibility solution re-checks aged self-pay accounts to determine if Medicaid coverage was available at the time of service without draining staff resources.
Benefits of Insurance Eligibility (batch)
Improve your processes with minimal changes to your existing systems
- Step 1:
- A batch extract report of all open self-pay accounts is created in your patient accounting system.
- Step 2:
- File is sent through secure FTP to TransUnion Healthcare.
- Step 3:
- Accounts are transformed into a benefit eligibility (HIPAA ANSI X12 270) message and transmitted to the Medicaid agency.
- Step 4:
- Benefit eligibility response (HIPAA ANSI X12 271) message is returned by Medicaid.
- Step 5:
- Coverage and benefit information is displayed.
Easily integrate TransUnion Healthcare Insurance Eligibility (batch) into your existing post-service processes.