horizontal separator

Credit Disputes Q&A

Q: My credit report lists my student loans before I consolidated them, so it shows an incorrect debt-to-income ratio. It looks like I pay significantly more than I do. How do I dispute items on my credit report and will it help or hurt my credit report?
A: Inaccuracies on your report should be disputed because they can harm your score. For corrections, you can learn how to dispute an item on your credit report and send your dispute online. Once you submit your dispute, you should receive a response from the credit reporting agencies in 30-45 days.

However, if you recently consolidated these loans, they may not have shown up yet on your credit report. If it has been a while, for example, longer than three months, follow the steps to dispute items on your credit report to correct any inaccuracies.
Now that you know more about credit scores, sign up for TransUnion Credit Monitoring today and receive your credit report & score.
vertical separator
Wait - what about my credit? I want my TransUnion Reports & Score. Order Now
separator image
separator image
separator image