In September, TransUnion held its sixth annual Property Management Summit in Chicago with the theme Powering Transformation. The Customer Focused Revolution was the center point for discussions on emerging trends, industry insights and key business questions shaping the multi-family industry.
Intentionally limited to no more than 50 guests, the Summit was designed to create a unique experience where interactions and ideas were exchanged with speakers and peers on a deeper level. In fact, one attendee stated, "The smaller size facilitated more intimate conversations with other industry leaders.”
With two days of thought-provoking content, sessions covered relevant and timely topics, including:
- Business Intelligence: The New NOI Driver
- Transforming Property Management With Technology; the Adoption of Best Practices From Single-Family to Multi-Family
- The Reinvention of Recruiting Practices to Attract and Retain Top Talent
- Is Your Fraud Management Strategy Advanced Enough to Outsmart and Outplay Fraudsters?
Attendees shared sentiments, such as, “The Summit provided great perspective on how different companies are changing to retain and bring in talent,” and “The agenda was packed with visionary topics and thoughtful speakers.”
In addition, attendees got a sneak peek into current TransUnion research and best practices across multi-family business and other industries.
With the customer in the driver’s seat, today’s customer experience steers business strategy. Traditional approaches are now seen as outdated, causing businesses across all industries to recognize the critical need for a more customer-focused approach.
Summit attendees walked away with valuable insights and key takeaways, including:
- Fraud is an emerging and pervasive issue in the industry and implementing an identity management solution is more important than ever
- Business intelligence is all the more crucial in making paramount, operational decisions
- Managing a company’s online social presence is vital to a business’ reputation and success
“I decided to attend the TransUnion Property Management Summit based on the materials provided in years past. This is my third year attending and they’ve always had strong content and thought-provoking ideas. In addition, it’s provided a great opportunity to network with my peers to discuss current trends and issues in the industry.”