TransUnion’s Chicago Bulls VIP Experience Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: This TransUnion’ Chicago Bulls VIP Experience Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by TransUnion Interactive, Inc., 555 W. Adams Street, Chicago, IL 60661 (“Sponsor”).
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes entry period begins on March 8, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Central Time ("CT") and ends on March 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to adult relatives of a child between the ages of 8 and 17, who are residents of one of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and who are at least eighteen (18) years old and available to attend the April 1, 2017 Chicago Bulls game at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois with their minor child relative (“Potential Ball Child VIP”). Employees of Sponsor, the Chicago Bulls and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Entrants or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor. Entrants are limited to one entry per valid e-mail address during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Prize: One winner will be randomly selected to receive two (2) tickets to the Chicago Bulls home game at the United Center on April 1, 2017 in Section 103, Seats 5 and 6 (Approximate Retail Value $440) and a “Ball Child” VIP Experience during that game (Approximate Retail Value: $2,000). Total Approximate Retail Value: $2,440. The Entrant and the Ball Child VIP must both attend the event and follow the instructions provided by Sponsor in order to receive the Prize, including arrival 2 hours before the start of the game. The Prize does not include transportation costs to and from the event nor does it include lodging costs that may be associated with attending the event.
- How to Enter/Odds of Winning: During the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the online TransUnion entry page at https://www.transunion.com/bulls. Follow the Sweepstakes links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. You will then be entered into the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of valid entries received. A winner will be selected at random from the pool of eligible entrants.
- Winner. The final drawing for the Prize shall be held on March 24, 2017, and the winner (“Winner”) shall be notified on March 24, 2017. The Winner must accept the Prize within two (2) days, and must execute and return to Sponsor or its delegate within two (2) days of receipt all documentation consistent with these Rules that Sponsor deems appropriate, including but not limited to an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release, and confirmation of Entrant’s relationship to the Ball Child VIP and the ages of both Entrant and the Ball Child VIP, to the extent permitted by applicable law. If the Winner does not accept the Prize or return the required documentation within the time set forth above, or if a selected Winner is found to not meet all of these Sweepstakes Rules, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and a new winner will be randomly selected. If an alternative Winner is selected, any previously selected Winner will have no rights to the prize, or any other Sweepstakes benefits. Only one (1) alternate drawing will be held, as timing permits and as feasible in Sponsor’s sole discretion, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded. For the name of the Winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to: TransUnion, Attn: Bob Skwarek, 555 W. Adams Street, Chicago, IL 60661. Name of the Winner requests must be received by April 7, 2017. THE WINNER WILL BE ISSUED A FORM 1099 FOR TAX PURPOSES IN THE AMOUNT OF THE ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE AND MUST SUBMIT HIS/HER NAME, ADDRESS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND AGREE TO SIGN A W9, AS REQUIRED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER.
- Transferability/Refunds. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The entrant is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The entrant is responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the prize receipt and/or use, including but not limited to travel, transportation, lodging, etc. Should the ball child experience be unavailable for the winner on the April 1, 2017 for any reason, no refunds or reimbursement will be provided to the winner and the tickets to the Chicago Bulls game on April 1, 2017 shall constitute the total prize awarded hereunder.
- Release: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and hold TransUnion Interactive, Inc., Trans Union, LLC, the Chicago Bulls, United Center Joint Venture, any third party Sweepstakes administrator and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, directors, officers, shareholders and agents (“Released Parties”) harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, or use of any prizes including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, property damages and any claims by third parties or otherwise based on intellectual property rights, publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Entrants acknowledge that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes, except as set forth in these Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Rules; Sponsor's decisions as to the administration of the Sweepstakes are final.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s, its affiliates, subsidiaries and agents’ use of Winner’s and Winner’s Ball Child VIP’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any and all media known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, without further payment or consideration and without notice, review or approval of Winner and Winner’s Ball Child VIP.
- General Conditions: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, legal challenges, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Under no circumstances will Sponsor award more prizes than the prizes set forth above. In the event that any erroneous duplicative awarding of prizes occurs, the error shall be corrected and the prize awarded to the first Winner or, if it is not possible to identify that Winner, Sponsor will conduct a new drawing if it deems it feasible under the circumstances in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, all participants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the appropriate Illinois State Court located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT OR LIMIT EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.