Under the FACT Act amendments to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you are entitled to one free annual credit report from each of the three main credit reporting companies in a 12-month period. TransUnion encourages consumers to exercise this right and contributes to a dedicated website that is designed to help with the fulfillment and management of the free annual credit report initiative.
Additionally, you can learn more about other circumstances that may entitle you to a copy of your personal credit report at no charge.
You may be eligible for a free credit report in addition to your free annual report if:
- Within the last 60 days, you have received an adverse action notice based on information from your TransUnion credit report
- You are unemployed and plan to seek employment within 60 days
- You receive public welfare assistance
- You have reason to believe your TransUnion credit file is inaccurate due to fraud
- Your state offers a free or reduced-price credit report
Learn more about obtaining a free credit report if you meet one of the above conditions.
Free Annual Credit Reports and TransUnion Reports are accessible to the Vision Impaired. On-line reports are compatible with screen readers. Accessible formats can be requested by telephone or by mail; please specify Braille, audio or large print.