Click to view our Accessibility Statement or contact us with accessibility-related questions
Contact Us

Dispute Process for Rental Screening Solutions

Follow the steps below to dispute information on your Rental Screening Solutions consumer report

TransUnion is committed to data quality

TransUnion Rental Screening Solutions, Inc. (“TransUnion,” a member of the TransUnion family of companies) works diligently to create consumer reports that meet required accuracy standards. If, after reviewing your TransUnion consumer report (as transmitted by or through TransUnion Rental Screening Solutions, Inc., TransUnion ShareAble for Hires or TransUnion SmartMove) you believe it includes information about your credit history, rental history, criminal records or eviction records that does not belong to you or is inaccurate or incomplete for any other reason, you can initiate a dispute directly with our Consumer Dispute Team.

What you can do

To initiate a dispute on your TransUnion Rental Screening Solutions report, follow these steps:

Request an investigation by contacting our team in one of three ways

  • Phone: 800-230-9376
  • Email:
  • Mail: TransUnion Rental Screening Solutions, Attention: Consumer Dispute Team
    PO Box 800, Woodlyn, PA 19094

Indicate the specific reason for your dispute and be sure to identify each specific item

For example: If you are disputing a credit item, identify the specific account number or other item you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. Similarly, if you are disputing a criminal or eviction record, identify the specific case number or court record.

You may be asked for additional documentation

  1. A legible copy of your government-issued identification (such as a driver’s license or state identification card); and
  2. Copies of any supporting documents (such as letters from creditors, letters from former landlords or legal documents) that you wish to submit in support of your dispute.

Generally, you may submit a dispute only on your own behalf, with this exception

If you have any questions about submitting your dispute, or believe you have the legal authority to submit a dispute on someone else’s behalf, please call the TransUnion Consumer Dispute Team toll free at 800-230-9376 Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., or Sunday from 11:30a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time or send an email anytime to

The investigation process comprises three steps

Submit dispute > Request for investigation or change of information sent to TransUnion

If you believe that an item contained in your report is inaccurate or needs updating, send TransUnion a request for investigation or request to change information.

Source Verification > Creditor or public record source is contacted for verification

After TransUnion receives your request, we will either contact the creditor or public record source for verification or change the information directly if it does not require verification.

Complete Process > Summary of investigation results is returned

Once the creditor or public record source returns verification, we will revise or delete the information in your consumer report if it is inaccurate. No change will be made if the creditor or public record source verifies its accuracy. In either case, TransUnion will send you a summary of the investigation results and, if applicable, a revised copy of your report.

Things to remember

Accurate information and information verified as accurate by our sources will remain in our file

This information will remain in our files as prescribed by applicable law, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

If you wish to obtain documentation or written verification concerning your accounts

Please contact your creditor or public record source directly.

If our investigation has not resolved your dispute

You may add a 100-word statement that will become part of your file and will be disclosed each time your file is accessed.

You can request a description of how we conducted the investigation or file a complaint

This request or complaint can be filed about TransUnion or the business reporting the disputed information with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau or your state’s attorney general’s office.