Heading into the 2023 holiday season, consumers are facing new financial challenges: higher interest rates, the restart of student loan repayments, inflation and fears of an impending recession.
TransUnion surveyed US households to investigate how these trends impact US households’ spending plans and concerns as the holidays approach.
Download the report to learn:
- What consumers said about their shopping plans amid the direction of the economy
- How consumers said they’d look for ways to stretch their budgets
- How the expiration of student load forbearance could impact shopping
- The average amount consumers plan to spend
- The most popular gifts consumers plan to purchase
- Why consumer expectations for security and identity check are on the rise